The NRL players have accepted a 20 percent pay cut in the wake of the sport's COVID-19 financial crisis.
Following a hardline stance by team captains and the Rugby League Players Association, the NRL have met their financial expectations.
The players had already accepted a 30% cut to their wages after the season was stopped following round 2, but as the competition readies itself for its resumption on May 28, the players began to demand better.
It was reported that players were ready to skip training, but will now return on Wednesday after already having their COVID-19 protocols meeting and will prepare for action in three weeks time.
RLPA chief executive Clint Newton was very happy with the new agreement.
"We worked through arguably the fastest and most collaborative process in the game's history to secure clarity and clear direction for the industry and our members,'' Newtown said.
"We set a new standard, which should become the hallmark for our industry, which will give us the best chance to build a more sustainable and solid foundation for the game's future."
ARLC chairman Peter V'landys also praised the players.
"We said from the start we are all in this together and our players have proved that," V'landys said in a statement.
"Many of them are making significant sacrifices for the competition to restart and that is not lost on anyone."
The chairman also remained confident that the code will meet its intended return date.
"It is full steam ahead for the resumption of the competition on May 28. All eyes will be on the NRL as the only live sport on television," he said.
"There will never have been more interest in rugby league than on May 28."